the things we’ll miss
The excitement of moving to Italy is still making its way into our hearts. Being California born and raised, there’s a lot to process leaving the United States and all our family and friends. No matter how much excitement Italy brings, there are so many things we’ll miss when we’re gone.
- Hanging out with family and friends at our leisure.
- Birthdays of grandparents, parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews.
- Our house, the only place we’ve ever really considered home in San Diego.
- The 6 hour drive through California to visit where we both grew up.
- Perfect San Diego weather.
- People driving in the designated lines on the road.
- NFL. GO NINERS. 🏈
- $1.50 polish dogs from Costco, the home of buying things in quantities we don’t need and will never get through.
- An In-N-Out burger with a toasted bun, whole grilled onions, animal style fries, root beer float, and a side of spread.
- All the Japanese food. Sushi. Okonomiyaki. Ramen. Izakaya. We’ll be reporting back with our Japanese food findings.
- Everything at Trader Joe’s. We’ve already started stocking up on their Everything But The Bagel Seasoning, obvs.
- Sonic Drive-In Strawberry Limeades with easy ice and extra strawberries. Jaime introduced these to me back in high school. Driving to Sonic for these were our high school dates. 🥂
- California burritos and carne asada fries.
- Tacos, tacos, AND MORE TACOS.
- On the subject of tacos, Italy doesn’t have any Taco Bells. 😭 JUDGE ME.
- Basically, any coffee outside espresso. Dirty chai latte, anyone?
- Hot Cheetos.
- Mexican candy.
UPDATED FROM WHAT’D YOU’D MISS THE MOST:
- Corn dogs.
- Ice. We can’t even imagine a place without ice?!
- Housing with AC.
- Hearing people speak English almost 100% of the time.
We’re taking volunteers to send us care packages! Just kidding… kinda.
With all the things we’ll miss, we know we’ll have that much more to gain. Moving to Italy is such a once in a lifetime experience, we’ll continue to take the next few weeks to “mourn” and then get ready for the adventure of a lifetime.
Anything we left off my list of things we’ll miss? Leave a comment below.